Sriracha Marinated No-Fry Crispy Tofu
- 1/4-1/2 cup Sriracha
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 4 Green Onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove squashed Garlic or 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 tbsp honey or sugar
Adjust heat/salt/sweetness to taste. The marinade should be a very very intense version of a spicy sauce.
Tofu cooking directions:
1. Drain tofu and cut into 1” cubes. — I prefer 2” x .5” strips
2. Mix all other ingredients.
3. Pour marinade over tofu and cover.
4. Refrigerate overnight or longer— I did 2 nights, the longer the better
5. Lightly grease baking pan or sheet with olive oil. — I used TJ’s Olive Oil Spray, worked like a charm.
6. Arrange tofu in single layer on sheet..
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, flipping tofu at least once during the process, until brown and slightly crispy.
This recipe was inspired by the following: http://www.food.com/recipe/marinated-baked-tofu-114102?oc=linkback
After removing the tofu from the marinade, I used the remaining liquid to create a sauce for the rest of my meal..
- heat in saucepan over low heat (careful, the sugar burns)
- add 1 cup veggie stock, chicken broth, or water
- add more sriracha (if you dare) or sugar/honey to taste
Add sauce and tofu w/ roasted Bok Choy, Carrots, Broccoli and some rice noodles, let simmer for 5-10 minutes over low heat..
This is my go to for a hot, healthy side dish (or when I know I need to use my fresh veggies). Works great w any sauce.
Tip: add leafy greens when the other veggies have 1 hr (low) left to cook
Crockpot Roasted Veggies recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/01/10/how-to-roast-vegetables-in-the-slow-cooker/